Mobile Application Developer - Android
Inergize Digital is the leader in fully integrated digital management solutions that generate revenue for local media companies on-air, online and on mobile devices. For more than a decade, Inergize Digital has helped local media companies build their brands and generate revenue by positioning websites and mobile applications as the leading sources of local information.
Inergize Digital is seeking a mobile application developer that will design, implement, test and submit mobile applications for the Google™ Android™ platform. We are seeking an experienced developer who is trustworthy, knowledgeable, friendly and solution driven. In this critical role, the mobile application developer will help create amazing applications for media companies that will touch people's lives.
The mobile application developer will work independently using technical savvy to provide solutions to a variety of complex technical issues. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage time. The mobile application developer must be a creative problem solver and decision maker who can self-motivate and work well in a team environment.
• Support applications that were originally developed by contractors.
• Keep applications up-to-date to run on the latest devices.
• Confirm project objectives by analyzing and validating user requirements, identifying new features and functionality, and streamlining and upgrading existing features.
• Develop applications by studying existing technology architecture; analyzing device compatibilities, evaluating solution alternatives; developing prototypes; building n-tier, scalable and multimedia applications; programming objects, events, functions, error trapping, data verification, animations, interactions and dynamic updating; designing, installing and configuring databases; and completing documentation.
• Develop user interfaces by preparing a workflow chart and diagram based on subject matter, human factors and business logic.
• Verify and maintain team accomplishments by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert input, reviewing open issues and action items and contributing information to team meetings and reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
• Ability to develop a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.).
• Prefer knowledge of a scripting language (Ruby, Perl, Python, BASH, etc.).
• Prefer knowledge of C#, ASP.Net.
• One or more years of experience with the UIKit framework.
• Prefer iOS SDK experience.
• Three or more years of Java development experience.
• Two or more years of Android/Java/Eclipse development experience.
• One or more published Android applications or a portfolio/list of multiple applications.
• Experience managing projects under source control (svn, mercurial, etc.).
• Experience submitting mobile apps through the Apple App StoreSM and Android Market™.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (952) 460-7603 or mail to:
Attn: Sue Earl
5001 American Blvd. W., Ste 400
Bloomington, MN 55437
Nexstar Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Nexstar Broadcasting not to discriminate in its employment and personnel policies because of a person’s sex, age, race, religion, color, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status for legal residents, disability or national or ethnic origin, or other protected class.